Sunday 9 October 2011

Saturday - Part one.

So, I was in desperate need of a parachute (art related need), I had contacted many parachute regiments, army surplus stores and eBay sellers, hoping they would be willing to kindly donate a parachute, they could not. I managed to track one down, (hurrah!) from an independent skydiving school in a tiny place called Strathallan, near Auchterarder, near Stirling, Perthshire about an hours drive from Edinburgh i.e. Skydive Strathallan. 

It is difficult to travel there with out a car, luckily for me I have a great friend, Zeb, that can drive and agreed to take me. To my delight, my pal and Zeb's gf, Katie joined us, so did Katie's flatmate Kate and their Hungarian friend Mira. We had a packed out car and therefore decided to make a day of it!

Airfield

Zeb with my 1985 parachute!

Sweet wee plane.    

I managed to get hold of a parachute from the lovely people at Strathallan skydiving centre, sadly we didn't get to see anyone sky dive as the weather was too bad, typical, however I am tempted to give it a go now!

We got a hot chocolate and continued on our journey visiting the Deil's cauldron - Crieff, Loch Earn - Perth, Loch Lubnaig -  Callander,  passed through Queens Forrest and The falls of Leny:
Kate and Zeb going for a dip in Deil's cauldron
Falls of Leny
It was a lovely day!

Love VRAT xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment